This could be a really great opportunity for students thinking about science and engineering fields.
Now that you have had two weeks in an “individually paced” math course, what are your thoughts?
- What do you like about the math 099/100 class?
- What do you not like about it?
- What are your concerns?
- What are your thoughts on the CTM 193 class?
Once you have answered these questions, respond to at least four classmates’ answers to them.
I want everyone to tell me (and the rest of the class) about themselves. So, first answer these questions:
- Why are you in college right now? What made you decide to come to college?
- What are your strengths (either as a student or as a person)?
- What are your weaknesses?
- How do you feel about coming to college?
Once you have done that, find other people in the class on tumblr and read their answers. Find at least six posts by classmates to respond to (use the reblog link).
1. My notes covered my topic. I gave the step by step examples, showing how to solve the problem. But to make my notes better I would have to say maybe include Definitions. (I know how boring right!!) But I think people would understand a problem better if everyone knew the geeky math lingo!!
2. Everyone’s notes were all DIFFERENT! Some to long, some messy and some straight to the point “How the heck to you get that?” That’s what would confuse me, I have to see diagrams and definitions.
Everyone’s notes should be different, because we all need to know different things and we all think differently. So, make sure your notes make sense to you.
I learned not only do I suck at math, I guess at notes too..
To be more note”sy”. Yeah…still frustrated.
Nobody sucks! That includes you. Our goal is to get better, so just keep working. You will be fine.